Join me, as I Discover the WAY, through the TRUTH, towards the LIFE.

Oct 9, 2013

How to get out of trouble!

If you are living a nightmare, then here's a Psalm from David, who's life revolves around, running and hiding from the king. What a scary life he must have led, hiding from his own people because the king,Saul, didn't like him. I cannot imagine such a life yet I am sure there are people who would want to run away from their life or their situations! But take heart for the way David shows us how he faced his situations and did not give up and ended up becoming a king who will be remembered and known by the whole world. I bet he felt like nothing, as he survived in caves and foreign countries.

Psalm 25

Lessons
  • Bring your life to God-v1 Unto You, O Lord, do I bring my life.-You have tried life on your own and nothing is working out the way it ought to, then you must bring your life to God because He is able to turn any situation around!
  •  Put your trust in God-"O my God, I trust, lean on, rely on, and am confident in You. Let me not be put to shame or [my hope in You] be disappointed; let not my enemies triumph over me.
    Yes, let none who trust and wait hopefully and look for You be put to shame or be disappointed; let them be ashamed who forsake the right or deal treacherously without cause." David had nowhere to go, noone to trust but he had consistently found help in God. God truly never let him ever go out of his radar. So it is for you. God always has you in His radar so trust Him!
  •  Ask God for directions -Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths.
    Guide me in Your truth and faithfulness and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You [You only and altogether] do I wait [expectantly] all the day long. It is usually a wise thing to follow the one with a map or a GPS and never someone who has no clue of where to go. This resonates with me because often I find myself lost in what route I have to take and who better to give us directions than the one Who is constantly watching over us. He's got the entire view in His eyes, He knows the end from the beginning and He can show us which way to go. Jesus Himself stated "I am the Way the Truth and the Life." He got all the most important aspects of life covered, then why not ask Him for directions?

    Conclusion If you got your feet stuck in a net, your life jumbled up in a mess ask God to get you untangled. He is the best! David says in the following verses
    12 Who is the man who reverently fears and worships the Lord? Him shall He teach in the way that he should choose.
    13 He himself shall dwell at ease, and his offspring shall inherit the land.
    14 The secret [of the sweet, satisfying companionship] of the Lord have they who fear (revere and worship) Him, and He will show them His covenant and reveal to them its [deep, inner] meaning.
    15 My eyes are ever toward the Lord, for He will pluck my feet out of the net.
     Though David is not completely out of his troubles, he knows through his experiences that God is absolutely able to deliver him out of anything and any situation. God could have easily got Saul out of the way but Saul's presence enabled David to lean more on God and his tough training gave him such special experiences with God that when he received the kingdom, he knew where his heart must lie. Not with the riches and power he would receive as a king but in the secret companionship of the One True Living God.

No comments :