Join me, as I Discover the WAY, through the TRUTH, towards the LIFE.

Oct 25, 2013

Dwelling in the Presence of a Living God

Recently I have been desiring more of God's presence in my life because of multiple things...I for my own self want to see God's glory and live in the middle of His Presence every moment because, the fleeting encounters I have had in His Presence have been unforgettable! What's more in this new desire of mine are these words of Jesus that have been bothering me!

12 Very truly I tell you, whoever believes(A) in me will do the works I have been doing,(B) and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.
John 14:12
Now if I profess I am a Christian or a follower of Jesus then I should be able to truly do the things He said, then why can't I?

As I read Psalm 26 I realized David worked really hard to remain righteous(in right standing with God), so he could  well in the Presence of God! He had experienced God's Presence in such a way that his heart cried out "8 Lord, I love the habitation of Your house, and the place where Your glory dwells."

His righteousness depended on him. There was no other option for him but to habitually strive for right living if he needed to hear from God! For me the equation has been made way easier - I have to become a sheep of Jesus and acknowledge Jesus as my shepherd, then as His sheep I am enabled to hear His voice and know Him.

Unlike David, I have got another work to do - work out my salvation -with trembling and reverence and shrinking away from everything that would offend God. This is such serious business, that I am sure I can absolutely mess up very easily and I have so many times.Now I was very worried that if I had to cry out to God on my own merits, I might as well just give up for me by myself I have no hope or scope to ever be able to converse with God Almighty! But you know what - more than I can be desperate to talk to God, He has been desperate to talk to me, how amazing is that. Phillippians 2:13 continues in saying
 "13 [Not in your own strength] for it is God Who is all the while [c]effectually at work in you [energizing and creating in you the power and desire], both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and [d]delight.
Ah wonderful God my Creator desire to talk to me and through Christ in me, energizes and creates in me to desireto be in right standing before Him, just so we could commune.

It is like an extremely passionately in love fiance who has bought me his fiancee the very best cellphone and has charged it to last for eternity just so we could talk! AAH....

Dear Loving Heavenly Father,
Thank you for Your everlasting Love that upholds me, keeps me connected to You through Your precious Son Jesus my Lord. I cannot do life without You! So many more of Your children around me need to know of this awesome gift of communion with their Eternal God, help me so I can...
Amen


No comments :