Join me, as I Discover the WAY, through the TRUTH, towards the LIFE.

Oct 28, 2013

No Fear Here! No Really I Mean It

Have you seen those T-shirts with a pair of eyes drawn on it and the words "No Fear Here!" written on them? None of us is immune to fear. I don't think there is anyone beyond the scope of some fear. Fear of losing your job, losing a loved one, losing your finances, losing your house. Fear can paralyze any man. These are fears that try to choke out God's plan and hope for our very life. Some recognize fear and shrink away from doing whatever needs to be done to tackle it, some think they have no fear but are unknowingly operating from it and live in denial and never conquer it.
We are created to be the person that God has fearfully (reverential fear) and wonderfully made us to be on this earth. Let no one snuff out our life by creating fear in our lives. 
You see fear is exactly like faith but flipped! 
Fear = Expecting something negative to happen 
Faith = Expecting something positive to happen 
Its very easy to walk from one into another in the speed of a thought. 

 The one place I have found where fear is completely nullified and faith is strengthened is in the Presence of our Living God. God has not given us the Spirit of fear again to become slaves but the Spirit of Power, Love and a Sound Mind! Yes truly in God's Presence there is no fear.

In Psalm 27 God gives David the formula to become an overcomer. David had to go through times of intense fear, for his very existence was in danger. He declares

"The Lord is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?"
"You have said, Seek My face [inquire for and require My presence as your vital need]. My heart says to You, Your face (Your presence), Lord, will I seek, inquire for, and require [of necessity and on the authority of Your Word].
You have that power in God, for He knows every need you have and every need you will ever have in the future! Take heart, live boldly and get closer into His Presence where fear is rendered helpless for God is an ever present help in times of trouble. Jesus Christ our Lord lived on this earth knowing He was to become a sacrifice every single day of His life on earth but He never once feared it. Father and Son who had never in all eternity had to be separated and the wrath of sin had to be quenched through sacrifice of a Holy One so all mankind may benefit! You and me ! The price for our freedom from fear is very heavy so let us draw near to the One , even our Lord Jesus, and learn through Him to approach our God of Love and live out everything God has planned for our lives as He placed us upon this earth!

Be not afraid for God is with us, even until the ends of the earth!

No comments :