Join me, as I Discover the WAY, through the TRUTH, towards the LIFE.

Sep 8, 2013

Bridge the Gap, Don't Be the Gap

"When the going gets tough the tough get going" we've heard this saying before but the thing is, the going in the world is continually tough and even for those who are tough, there seems to be nowhere to get going to! I think the one place I can find help for disappointments in my life, is in the Book of Psalms. No one would have gone through tough situations like David did and here is one of the Psalms that encouraged me today.
Psalm 24 
Who shall go up into the mountain of the Lord? Or who shall stand in His Holy Place?

He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who has not lifted himself up to falsehood or to what is false, nor sworn deceitfully.

He shall receive blessing from the Lord and righteousness from the God of his salvation.

This is the generation [description] of those who seek Him [who inquire of and for Him and of necessity require Him], who seek Your face, [O God of] Jacob Selah [pause, and think of that]! 

Background  

How many times as a believer I have wanted to be able to be in God's Presence continually to be able to know Him, to be able to know for myself how wonderfully I am made and how I am to function on this earth. To be safe and secure in Him. This needs a protocol. Yes, we cannot just stroll into the Presence of a King with no preparation. David understood that for him to survive his difficult situations he needed to get clear feedback from God on every decision he took.  Here he gives us a glimpse of what God has put in his heart as a way to reach out to Him.


  • Clean hands
  • Pure heart
  • Not a follower or recommender of false things
  • Not a person who will swear to false things (deceit)

Lesson

By our own efforts we can hardly achieve any of those things and more often than not I am grateful to God for having placed me in the time period after Jesus Christ was born and for giving me the privilege to be born in a Jesus believing family and I got introduced to Jesus my Savior in my youth so I had a chance to escape Godlessness. Through my High Priest Jesus Christ I have the opportunity to talk to my Heavenly Father Who willingly did everything just so I could connect with Him. Who is to benefit from all of this except me, just plain old me. v5 says such a person will receive blessing and righteousness from his God of salvation.

You know the most important thing that God requires of His people is "holiness" or "righteousness". You know why God would want that as the first priority? Because God our Creator is Holy and in Him or lets say in His Presence evil cannot exist. Now we were made for fellowship with God our Father and that means meeting with Him, walking with Him and talking with Him being close to Him and being close to his proximity. If we are allowed in His Presence we must follow the protocol of Holiness and Righteousness - which we are not, which we cannot achieve by ourselves ever! God is so awesome and so loving He decided to give that ability to us through His Son. How incredible! Has any leader or any king or queen of any country ever worked out everything just so his/her subject can come and dine with him/her at his/her table? Never! But this is our God our Maker Who desires to commune with us.


Conclusion

God is Love. He is not full of love, which can mean that He can be made full or empty which would mean He is changeable, which He is not. But God Himself is Love, the embodiment of Love. In His Presence there is fullness of joy. He is the source of Life. I hear people say, why did God cause bad things to happen or why are there bad people? God's Presence I think has density. The more we press on, follow the protocol to invite this King of Glory, the more His Presence engulfs us and becomes denser. The lesser we host Him it fades or wanes away. That does not mean God is not omnipresent. He truly and completely is, because His Word says "in Him we live and move and have our being" There is never a moment in time that God is not aware of us, NEVER! But there are moments when we do not carry His Presence. Remember God calls us His temple. He meant for us to be carriers of His Presence to wherever we may go. As in Acts 17:26 we are made and placed in prime locations where God desires to touch His people, He created on this earth (v1) and the way He can do it easily without His Judgment and His Glory consuming the carrier of sin in his/her body is through people who are His mobile-Temple.  

Let us therefore be lifted up, raise your door heights for the King of Glory is Big and Mighty. Set your thoughts on things above and don't have the earthly perception. Make way for the King of Glory to come in and dine with you and change lives around you, for eternity!

No comments :