Join me, as I Discover the WAY, through the TRUTH, towards the LIFE.

Aug 31, 2013

The Lord is my Good Shepherd

Psalm 23

The Lord is my Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack.

He makes me lie down in [fresh, tender] green pastures; He leads me beside the still and restful waters.

He refreshes and restores my life (my self); He leads me in the paths of righteousness [uprightness and right standing with Him—not for my earning it, but] for His name’s sake.

Yes, though I walk through the [deep, sunless] valley of the shadow of death, I will fear or dread no evil, for You are with me; Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with [a]oil; my [brimming] cup runs over.

Surely or only goodness, mercy, and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life, and through the length of my days the house of the Lord [and His presence] shall be my dwelling place.

Lessons
When the Lord is my Shepherd
  • He takes care of feeding me
  • He guides me
  • He shields me
  • He picks out the best, fresh, tender green pasture for me to lie down(notice: not work)
  • He leads me where there is still and restful waters
  • He refreshes me when I am dirty
  • He restores me when I am tired
  • He leads me in the right way, close by Him, not because I deserve it in any way but for His name's sake because I belong to Him, I am His sheep!
  • Even though I must walk through deep and sunless valley-a path through dark of seemingly no direction and no light on the path to show me the way- this is the time my Shepherd guides me with His rod for protection and His staff to guide me. I walk through such a dark and directionless time with comfort!
  • When my enemies perceive me, they see I am well provided for and that I am anointed with oil and my portion is so full that it is runs over!
  • Surely(ONLY) goodness, mercy and unfailing love follow me ALL the days of my life and through all my days the house of My Lord and His Presence shall be my permanent dwelling!
Conclusion

Dear Lord God,
 I want You to be my Shepherd, for You are a Good Shepherd who lays down His life for His sheep. I want You to be my guide, my provider and my protector. Please help me to be sensitive during the times I walk through the valley where it is dark and sunless, so that I may pay attention to your rod and staff which guide me and protect me. Help me to be a good sheep, who follows and knows beyond a shadow of a doubt, her Owner's voice. In Jesus Name I pray.
Amen.
  

No comments :