Join me, as I Discover the WAY, through the TRUTH, towards the LIFE.

Feb 17, 2006

Reviewing my Quest

I had posted a question and I am so glad for the responses I received

Dear tinywings, Beckie and uncommon1,
Thank you for taking time to respond and being an encouragement to me too. God Bless you all.


Now regarding the Quest
What is Ambition?-(a) An eager or strong desire to achieve something, such as fame or power.
(b) The object or goal desired (c) Desire for exertion or activity; energy: had no ambition to go dancing.


I think, just because you're a believer in Jesus, it does not mean you're lazy, relaxed and un-ambitious. I have ambitions, but they are of God. The Bible says in Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. " that looks like a God who has plans for me, God has ambitions for me to follow.A God given ambition.

What I know from the world is that, contentment and ambition don't usually go together. I have not found someone, who is ambitious and is yet satisfied with their job. They always want more, better, higher, satisfying. Well I have known a Loving Father in heaven who is as much involved in my life as I am.

Let's have a look at what He has for me (in ambition and contentment)
  • My ambition to be at the top- Deuteronomy 28:13 says "The LORD will make you the head, not the tail. If you pay attention to the commands of the LORD your God that I give you this day and carefully follow them, you will always be at the top, never at the bottom. "
  • What about will I earn more money?-We all know Abraham, the only thing he had as we read from his life story in the Bible, was a family and his faith in A Living God. His story doesn't sound like an ambitious man's story. Only an obedient man to God, and the Bible says in Genesis 24:35 "The LORD has blessed my master abundantly, and he has become wealthy. He has given him sheep and cattle, silver and gold, menservants and maidservants, and camels and donkeys. " I think thats an amazing testimony Abraham carried.Isn't that what people want? Well the God I know is able to grant that.
  • What about my satisfaction? Will I be satisfied if I go after God's ambition for me. I think Yes. Here's what Ecclesiastes 5:19-20 says "Moreover, when God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work—this is a gift of God. 20 He seldom reflects on the days of his life, because God keeps him occupied with gladness of heart."


    Wow!! so now I know,my God is able to give me the right ambitions, which will satisfy me totally in mind, material and soul. Isn't that, what all are looking for?

    Conclusion: I am expectant of God to know what He has planned for me(Like tinywings said). I am content where I am at(like Sister Beckie shared), knowing that when I have learnt my lesson on this chapter of my life, I will be moving on to higher ground and on my way there I am being blessed and being a blessing to many. I am ambitious and content because of the plans my Loving and Living God has for me. What more do I need?

No comments :