Join me, as I Discover the WAY, through the TRUTH, towards the LIFE.

Jan 31, 2006

Choices!!! for Myself-Do I know to make the right ones?


Life is full of choices. Everyday we meet choices from what we eat to what we do. Everything is a result of some choice we made or chose not to make. I came to pondering today, about what I like and dislike and how well do I know if I am making the right decisions for myself. Is it easy for me to know what I like or dislike? Do I know what I like or dislike even before I reach the point of making a decision to like or dislike? I know what I like...of course with some testing, tasting and the likes ,I can definitely find out whether or not I like something or not. So what about the bigger choices in life, do I know that I've made a right choice or not. Here again, after much evaluation and weighing the pros and cons, and due consideration, also perhaps some inputs from fellow observers (friends and neighbours and parents and relatives) I decide what I choose or make up my mind upon. Some decisions are easy to make because we have made the same decisions before, like do I want to eat asparagus or not. If I feel like it, I will else I wont. So I know now, that alone, I am not fully capable of "knowing" myself, my own choices without testing, tasting or external inputs (who/which may not know whether I would like what I choose for myself or not).Come to think of it, we make decisions based upon a lot of factors-Our upbringing-Our social circumstances -Our motives and there could be more to that list.Our choices then, depend upon what factor is driving it. If the driving force is confident that it can help make a good choice through us then we're in a good direction. If not then I we can only hope that of all the choices there would be a few which the choice maker could be glad about.

I dont know what I would be good at or not unless I go experiment and experience it for myself. Good experiences will lead me to like it, bad experiences will discourage me from trying the same again. How will I fully and confidently know what choices I am making are right or not. Whether they will really make me happy or not? Whether they are good for me or not? Like Paul says "All things are good but not all things are profitable for me".

So I wanted to know where I could get the knowledge of the "profitable for me" and I found someone who could help.

The Bible says in Psalm 103:14 (Whole Chapter) "for he knows how we are formed" and also in Psalm 139:13 (Whole Chapter) David wrote" For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb." So I know someone who has been with me while I was being formed in my mother's womb. He knows every single cell in my body and what goes wrong with it and how it can be repaired. So now someone knows whats good for my body and whats not, so He can help me out with my choices of food and exercise.

Psalm 94:11 (Whole Chapter) The LORD knows the thoughts of man;--So every time I am confused about a decision, my Lord knows it already and can help me out with what to choose or decide.

Matthew 6:8 (Whole Chapter) " for your Father knows what you need before you ask him"- God even knows my needs even before I ask Him. I have been watching a mother who knows her son's need, whether he is thirsty, or sleepy or hungry. The cry is the same but the mother knows exactly what the son is in need of. So also with God.

Now that I know that God knows all my needs and what path I must take that may be the best for me, I think it is a wise thing to follow His guidance because I know that will be the best for me, my needs and my life.Not that I already have done this, but am learning to. Learning to trust God fully with everything about life. Does that mean that I am leaving everything unplanned out of control, chaotic..of course not. Planning, but leaving ample space for God to make adequate changes to do the good works for His glory. It does not mean that I am stuck or tied but I am free, yeah of all worries for I know there is someone who cares for me, Someone who will correct me from making wrong choices, Someone who clearly speaks and lets His children who look up to Him whether their choices are good or bad. God loves me so much that it wasnt enough for Him to have my image carved on the palm of His hand (Isaiah 49:16) but he also sent His one and only Son(John 3:16) to pay the price for me. Therefore, all this now goes back to the one good choice I made to follow Jesus, I get a lot of good things because of that.I trust God's choices for me and enabling me to make the right choices too, more than that to also correct the wrong choices I have made so to make everything good.(Romans 8:28 (Whole Chapter) And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose)

"What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? -Romans 8:31 (Whole Chapter)

No comments :