Join me, as I Discover the WAY, through the TRUTH, towards the LIFE.

Jan 22, 2006

Where are you looking?


"Listen to me , you who pursue righteousness and who seek the Lord: Look to the rock from which you were cut and to the quarry from which you were hewn" (Isaiah 51:1)

Many a times, when things don't turn out the way we want we get irritated, frustrated, disappointed some of us even give up. I was feeling a little low today but as love taught me never to give up I sat down and prayed a while. I took my Bible (my best companion) to read and the above verse is what I found which greatly encouraged me.

Where was I looking? At my overwhelming situations? At my inability? At symptoms? Yeah for a moment like Peter I started looking at the waters on which I dared to walk...(well I am not literally walking on water you silly)...but on a path I dared to take. I wasn't looking at the love which had given me the strength to do the daring act. Then all the following words suddenly reassembled themselves in my mind in a flash....

"...I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him for that day" (2Timothy 1:12)

No comments :