Join me, as I Discover the WAY, through the TRUTH, towards the LIFE.

Jan 17, 2006

Love as I have known


My mother's love-When I was born I knew my mother's love the very first love I would experience in my life. With love she bore me in her for 9 months with all the discomfort I could have caused and then found joy in my birth. As I grew I could have irritated her with what I did but she loved me yet. I dont remember a single time my mom not loving me so I thought I knew love. Yes it was my mother's love.

My father's love- In him I could see strength to protect me. A job which made enough money to meet all my needs. To give me the best education affordable. To always encourage me when I needed most.To always say to me "There is nothing too hard, so what if you failed you'll know this stuff better when you're through it". He believed in me and all my dreams, never stopped me from any venture I wanted to take up.

In their love I found my freedom. I knew that I was free in them and through them. They set always the best of examples before me.I know that with my parents I never heard anything upsetting even though sometimes they had to burn the candles at both ends...and pull hard to make ends meet..of course we ( me and my 2 younger brothers) were being educated in the best school in town with the highest fees anyone could have thought of in those days.

I remember some incidents from my life when I used to visit my friends ...I dont know why but their parents would make it a point, to point out something nasty about my friends each time someone would come to visit them but then not for me my parents treated me with lot of respect. They did the same with my brothers too.

Above all they shared their secret of such a wonderful love life. My dad told me one day "Beta (pronounced as : bay-taa meaning child) no matter what you do in your life, always trust in Jesus. I have been a failure in certain things but Jesus raised me to being a Senior Engineer with the Railways.He has never let me down and He will never let you down too. You can do impossible things with Him". He cited some examples from his life which I might mention in some other post. I did too and I found another love....I didnt know love had so many kinds.

Later on in life I found the love of my friend who would later become my husband-He loved me as a friend and loves to protect me..loves to be with me..loves to give me most of what I ask for...took care of me whenever I needed it.

Above all the best love I have ever tasted is the Love of God-"For God so loved the world that He gave His Only Begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life" John 3:16 This is the love my mom and dad told me about and thats what they shared with me "because God has poured out His Love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit.." Romans 5:5) . They were able to cut down on what they could enjoy in life and did everything for me to enjoy because they understood this sacrificial love which loves even when we dont deserve, which loves even when it costs them their life. They knew the love of Jesus who died for our sins even when we were not in a position to receive it and loved us unconditionally.

If you have not known a love that is patient, kind, not envious, not boasting, not proud of itself, not rude, not self seeking, not easily angered, not keeping record of wrongs, not delighting in evil but rejoicing in the truth, always protecting, always trusting, always hoping, always persevering and never failing (" 1 Cor 13:4-8) then you have not known True Love because "God is Love" (1John 4:16). Thats the love I have known in Jesus Christ.

No comments :