Join me, as I Discover the WAY, through the TRUTH, towards the LIFE.

Mar 21, 2014

God or Nothing!

What is it that is threatening or mocking you today? That which looms over you, seeking that it may devour you. Something that makes you feel like crying out "God, if You don't help me, its over."


This man David, he spent most of his young years running for his dear life. What a pain that would be to constantly live in fear for your life. It is worse when you know that you were specially anointed by the man of God himself - Samuel to be king over Israel! With that kind of an amazing history in your life, how weird it would be that you had to live like a mad man in another country!

Yet, in the midst of all this David wrote this amazing Psalm 34 when King Abimelech (also known as  Achish 1Sam 21:10-13) found out he was David and would have probably killed him. Remember Goliath? Yep David was hiding in Goliath's country, Gath, at the time he wrote this Psalm and this king Abimelech was king during that time.

David says in Psalm 34:4 " I sought (inquired of) the Lord and required Him [of necessity and on the authority of His Word], and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears."

What word did David have from the Lord that he was holding on to? David was anointed king as a little boy and since then the Spirit of God was mightily upon him (1 Samuel 16:13) I am sure he had the acute awareness of God's hand in every even in his life and he was sure that God is always true to His word and if God said he would be king, he would surely be king which means he would have to be alive and God would take care of it. That's the authority of God's Word David relied upon.

I am struggling with tooth problems and I hate it. It bothers me that in my belief, I can accept that God can heal big things like cancer and raise people from the dead but it is so hard to trust God for  pimples and tooth ache!!! Why would my faith / brain separate sicknesses into categories? Then perhaps I have believed a lie - would God do this for me? No its true, I believe God can heal our diseases but would He want to heal mine?

The Bible is clear about healing, Jesus heals us from all our sicknesses and forgives all our sins! He paid an extremely high price for mankind. His Word has authority! Believe His every Word!

Dear Lord, Help my unbelief and heal all our diseases. Help me comprehend your goodness and your mercy which you showed by sacrificing your own Son for a sinner like me, even when I did not deserve it. Help me to remember Romans 8:32 " 32 He who did not withhold or spare [even] His own Son but gave Him up for us all, will He not also with Him freely and graciously give us all [other] things? " . May this be done for Your glory! Amen

No comments :