Join me, as I Discover the WAY, through the TRUTH, towards the LIFE.

Jul 5, 2013

God Can Reach You

Psalm 18

Background
David wrote this Psalm when God gave him deliverance from all his enemies and also from Saul. David was a young man when he was anointed to be king by Samuel, but he did not immediately become a king! He was yet a shepherd boy and later, much later after a lot of running around and running away trying to save his life from Saul he would become the king of Israel at 30years of age.

16 He reached down from on high and took hold of me;
    he drew me out of deep waters.
17 He rescued me from my powerful enemy,
    from my foes, who were too strong for me.
18 They confronted me in the day of my disaster,
    but the Lord was my support.
19 He brought me out into a spacious place;
    he rescued me because he delighted in me.


Lesson
God knows how to rescue His people. People who are determined in being set apart for God their King. More than that God reaches out to people who cry out to Him, cling on to Him, completely lean on Him for their very existence. Such is our God who is a JUST God. His justice is beautiful and God is indignant daily, I love this verse I came upon from Psalm 7:11 God is a righteous Judge, yes, a God Who is indignant every day. It bothers God to see His children (the ones who acknowledge God as their Heavenly Father) in trouble. God cares about everything we are going through, He feels us, He knows us in His very being because we are living and moving and have our being in Him.

Conclusion
If you thought God does not know what you are going through, try calling upon God, ask for His forgiveness for the sins that has kept you apart from His presence and ask Him to bring His Justice to your situation, for HE KNOWS what you are going through even better that you do. He will not override the will of man. Unless you call upon Him and grant Him access to your life, yield to His work to set things right in your life in His ALL KNOWING way...He is waiting on your call to Him.

I love these verses from 2Peter2:4-9For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell,[a] putting them in chains of darkness[b] to be held for judgment; if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others; if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment

Take heart my friend, God knows what trouble you are in and He is more than capable in fixing anything we have messed up. If only we would invite God into our lives and situations and ask Him to turn it around and then wait on Him as He instructs us on His protocols to get us out and help us land on clear ground, just as David did in this Psalm 18: 19 "He brought me out into a spacious place;" God will bring you out into a spacious place. Ask God to come and rescue you today!

No comments :