Join me, as I Discover the WAY, through the TRUTH, towards the LIFE.

Jul 17, 2013

Creation -The Silent Declaration of His Glory

Psalm 19:1-6
The heavens declare the glory of God;
    the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech;
    night after night they reveal knowledge.
They have no speech, they use no words;
    no sound is heard from them.
Yet their voice[b] goes out into all the earth,
    their words to the ends of the world.
In the heavens God has pitched a tent for the sun.
    It is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber,
    like a champion rejoicing to run his course.
It rises at one end of the heavens
    and makes its circuit to the other;
    nothing is deprived of its warmth.

Background
It is amazing to me that the whole of creation just stands there declaring the glory of God our Creator and I we  have no guts to do it! All that the wonderful heavens, the majestic mountain, the gorgeous sun and everything around us even our human body does is, declares the Glory of our Magnificent Creator! Now this has been on my mind, to be a carrier of God's presence all the time (24x7) . I do not mean to carry His Presence in only the words I speak, but just in my being anywhere that I am supposed to be. What I mean to say is that I desperately desire to so shine before men that they may see my good works and glorify my Father in Heaven! I love what St Francis of Assissi said "Preach the gospel and if necessary use words". How many times I have been waiting for the right words to say to prove to someone that I am truly a follower of Jesus Christ. But why can't I just shine in and through My God's Presence that people will see and know without the shadow of a doubt, this woman has something about her that makes me think of God or reminds me of God or makes me feel peace, love, joy and brings me hope.

Lesson
God has designed us so beautifully and His works are so marvelous that we don't really need words to convey His Glory! What better way to show off God to the people around us but by being like Him! He is awesome and amazing and glorious and love and in His presence there is fullness of joy and hope and He is an ever present help and He is slow to anger and He is rich in mercy....and so so much more that words truly cannot describe!
On my journey as a wife one of the first words that God gave me three months into my marriage was
 1 Peter 3:1
Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, when they see the purity and reverence of your lives.
Boy did this make life easier for us. I was more joyful in being quiet than in being the blah blah girl I used to be. I had tried my best in using words to convince people of God's love with no real action to back it up. You know how that would backfire!

Conclusion
God could have called us anything existing in His Creation but He chose to call us the light of the world. Light does not speak, it just has the behaviour which can expel darkness merely by its presence.Or that God would liken us to be the salt of this earth, being the preservative and flavour amplifiers in food.  The salt's being in the food can be tasted and known even though you don't see it in the food it is mixed in.
More often than not, I have used my own efforts and become a lightning and thunder of this earth rather than the salt and light of this earth(Matthew 5:13, Acts 13:47)!

Dear Lord Jesus, help us in being the people you made us to be. Help us to be the bearers of your presence therefore truly becoming your TEMPLE that you may dwell in us richly and we may carry Your beautiful, life changing presence wherever you send us. Let your light so shine through us that people on this earth may see our good works, that you have prepared for us from the beginning, and give all glory to our Father in Heaven!
Amen

No comments :