Join me, as I Discover the WAY, through the TRUTH, towards the LIFE.

Jun 20, 2013

Don't Move -You are being filled with God's Empowerment!

Psalm 17
14 From men by Your hand, O Lord, from men of this world [these poor moths of the night] whose portion in life is idle and vain. Their bellies are filled with Your hidden treasure [what You have stored up]; their children are satiated, and they leave the rest [of their] wealth to their babes.

15 As for me, I will continue beholding Your face in righteousness (rightness, justice, and right standing with You); I shall be fully satisfied, when I awake [to find myself] beholding Your form [and having sweet communion with You].
Background: Before David became something he was just a shepherd boy. He was a delivery guy for his brothers when he met his destiny! Yes, in terms of our overly educated society he was a nobody. Yet in the eyes of God he was somebody when he was yet in this state. He had to fight to get to where God would have him be. He faltered many a times as he attempted to grasp what God had shown him to do. Yes he made many a mistake, yet he did not give up on God and God did not give up on him.
To top it all God gave him the choicest army to work with when he debuted into God's plan for his life. Saul was trying to kill him, he was running away and  he found 300 losers to start his first army.
Here in this Psalm, David talks about the people, who he sees around him, prospering, having everything, storing up wealth for their children. In other words, if we looked at them in the eyes of our current society(my society), they were flourishing. Here nobody introduces a person without attaching their degree, qualification and job profile. Those are markers for the amount of respect that you are deemed to receive from the people around you. It doesn't matter what you are as a person on the inside. David saw it all, he grieved that he was (at this moment) not as successful as the one around him, but he knew something and thats our(my) lesson today..
Lessons
David understood one thing, he had tasted the Lord "Psalm 34:8". He had tasted something out of this world-extraterrestrial if I might add. I have not reached that level of tasting but this I have tasted-His love. Once while reading the Word of God, in the night I felt God's warm embrace hug me at even my cellular level infusing me with confidence and hope in this my God, my Creator who has plans to prosper me and not to harm me, plans to give me a hope and a future. He never fails. He has never failed, because He does not change like the rest of the things of this world(wealth, security, health, education). God has a plan for my life and it needs quiet preparation. Quiet means quiet-with no distractions and I will wait for my Lord do His work in me as He prepares me for what He has entrusted me to do(my portion of work on this planet)
Do not give up, all you who wait upon the Lord. You are being prepared for the very task God has created you for and placed you in the exact place you must perform the task and God is filling you up as you wait. By logic it is hard to fill a moving vessel, so don't be moved! Wait and get empowered by His awesome presence, which enables us to do His works on this planet so many will see and testify to the glory or our Father in Heaven.
Conclusion
Therefore I can say like David said in the above Psalm so I can say as it is written in 2 Timothy 1:12... for I know (perceive, have knowledge of, and am acquainted with) Him Whom I have believed (adhered to and trusted in and relied on), and I am [positively] persuaded that He is able to guard and keep that which has been entrusted to me and which I have committed [to Him] until that day.

Interact
Is there something you are going through and its hard for you to sit still and wait for the Lord to work it out on your behalf?

No comments :