Join me, as I Discover the WAY, through the TRUTH, towards the LIFE.

Nov 7, 2011

Oh Culture!

Psalms 12
"7 You, LORD, will keep the needy safe
and will protect us forever from the wicked,
8 who freely strut about
when what is vile is honored by the human race. "

Lessons
1- Wrong place wrong time? Maybe not- Many a times I wonder, if the world we live is so depraved right now, what will be in the future! Is it worth living here, when I can take my kids back to a place where they would probably have lesser moral dangers to deal with. But we are called to be in the place where God has planted us, we are to be there to do the work He has ordained for us to do and God will take care of the rest.

Verses 5-7 from the same chapter give us hope!
"5Now will I arise, says the Lord, because the poor are oppressed, because of the groans of the needy; I will set him in safety and in the salvation for which he pants. 6The words and promises of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in an earthen furnace, purified seven times over. 7You will keep them and preserve them, O Lord; You will guard and keep us from this [evil] generation forever."

2-Salvation is near-In the time when it seems like no one is watching, God Is! The verse above starts with an everlasting hope in God. "...He will protect us from the wicked forever." Now that is our God. Our God, our Father waiting for reconciliation with His children, when we turn to Him and His love by our own will. Deciding once and for all, that as for me and my household, we will serve our Living God and remain under the shadow and protection of our Almighty God. Let's not venture out of our safe zone in God.

Conclusion
The more I think about life on planet earth right now, the more it reminds me of Sodom and Gomorrah and the more I think about Sodom and Gomorrah, I think about Lot. I wonder, what would have been going on, on his mind when he saw the depravity of his generation. How did he hold onto his faith? How much did he compromise? Did it hurt when he did let down his beliefs to try to fit in? I'm sure it must have, because it hurts on the inside of me, when I am not being normal, just so I can fit in with a bunch of people who do not really care for my faith and my stand, my narrowmindedness of having just ONE SAVIOUR and NO ONE ELSE. Sometimes the people who reject/exclude you may be your own family but you know what God gave me an answer for Lot's lot. I'd love for you to read 2 Pet 2:6-8 and I particularly looooove this -
"...and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless" 2 Peter 2:6-8, how much more all of us, who are in a depraved world of degraded moral principles where anything goes!
Go ahead, stand up! Be a square peg in this round hole, of a world! Be Holy just as He(our Living Lord God) is Holy!



No comments :