Lessons I learnt
- Directing the prayers rightly-v2 "Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray. "
- First to God-"v3 In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you". The Psalmist specifically mentions, that in the morning, in the first light of day. The first thing of the day, he does is, goes before God with his requests. Giving God a place of honour and respect similar to how we'd like to see our most precious person/persons first thing in the morning. More than that, going first to God at a time of trouble, shows that he trusts God with his problem and knows He's the best person to share it with.
- Expectant-"v3b and wait in expectation." He doesn't go there just pouring out his requests, he even waits for God's intervention. Waits!!! He knows God CAN DO something about his situation and he waits.
- Knows his God-v4-v6. The key to having peace at troubled times and when praying, is knowing WHO you are praying to. If we have no clue WHO God is and WHAT He can do, then we'll have no effect in our prayer, for we will be unable to expect anything.
- Doing his part, while he waits-v7-v8Goes to the house of the Lord, worships and lives righteously.
- Venting frustrations- I could have never thought, how a person can go and speak like that about their enemies before God. Its like a small child going before his father and complaining about the bully who threatens him at school everyday. The child is free to share his feelings with his father. Not scared that his dad will think of him to be a wimp. He knows his father would take action on behalf of him to protect him. Surely our Heavenly Father knows much better than an earthly dad, to protect His children. We have the opening to go share our happy, sad, frustrated, joyful, worried or whatever else kind of heart, with our Heavenly Father as He avenges us, isn't that what friends do?
Conclusion: No matter what we're facing in this point of time in our lives, the surest thing I have learnt from this Psalm is that our God is a patient listener, a fervent deliverer and a terrific avenger. He will work in a manner who knows, even our enemies will see and be delivered from sin and come into righteousness. Take heart and share your burdens with your Living God who IS ABLE to work out all your situations for your good and His glory.