Join me, as I Discover the WAY, through the TRUTH, towards the LIFE.

Jun 25, 2007

Learning to Work with God

Esther 2
Background:A situation could be uncomfortable, but we’ve got to stick on to where God is at work at in our lives. These verses from the book of Esther taught me a valuable lesson regarding how to work with God regarding our situations. Esther is in a situation uncomfortable to her. Mordecai is concerned about Esther and eager to see how the situation will work out for her, whether she will become queen or be sent to the other quarter with the rest of the king's concubines.

Lessons

  1. The Situation-"v8 Esther also was taken to the king's palace and entrusted to Hegai, who had charge of the harem" - We could be in a situation where we don’t have a control like Esther at the king’s harem. You would love the situation to be different but you cannot change it by your own effort and need divine help. For Esther it was a good/bad situation, one way she could be queen(which she is not yet) or she could be sent to the place where the rest of kings concubines lived, to remain just another girl in the crowd.

  2. Is the situation God’s will for us whether good or bad -"v9 The girl pleased him and won his favor. Immediately he provided her with her beauty treatments and special food. He assigned to her seven maids selected from the king's palace and moved her and her maids into the best place in the harem." Any time we’re in an adverse situation, not right by our own understanding, you didn't cause it and you yet find favor before the enemies, like it was for Esther, and Joseph, and Daniel and many others in the word of God where the devil intended something for harm but God is working to turn the situation around into a blessing, that’s our indication that God knows our situation and He is in it with us to work it out for our good, but we’ve got to learn to wait on Him for the results, for the battle won’t be ours alone, but the Lord’s. Thats our hope and our faith to hold on more closely to the One who is at work in our lives.

  3. Constantly watching over -"v11 Every day he walked back and forth near the courtyard of the harem to find out how Esther was and what was happening to her." Keep an eye on the situation for the way God would work it out. Though the Bible does not mention God in these verses but as the story unfolds we will see God’s clear providence in the situation. Mordecai could have just stayed at home, knowing there were more girls like Esther in the same situation and that she would be ok, but he loved her like a dad and watched over everything that was happening. We can find 2 lessons in this verse, (1) God watching over everything that goes on in our lives like Mordecai took care of his adopted daughter Esther(Est 2:7), we are also adopted of God and he watches over us with great zeal and concern watching every turn of events in our lives.(Eph 1:5) also (2) We must watch our situation to see how God works it out. When we watch our lives continuously paying attention to the way God is working it out for us, we will not only learn to appreciate what God is doing but will also learn to work with God, working out our salvation.

Conclusion: If we are seeking for a higher and closer walk with our Lord Jesus, we’ve got to learn His ways, His place of work, what interests Him, where He is at work. God has given us the privilege to be able to comprehend His work, His business is not hidden from us who believe. John 15:15 "I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you."

How do we apply this lesson in our lives? Well for Esther and Mordecai they had to watch every step of the way, as to how the events would turn out, but for us God has given the Word of God with all the answers we would ever need to know of God’s business in our lives. Its all in there and God has already taught us or given to us in His Word every equipment we would need to live our lives according to His business plan and thereby be blessed and be a blessing.

Why has God made His business plain to us?-Ephesians 3:8-10 says "8Although I am less than the least of all God's people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, 9and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things. 10His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms,"

Isn't that a glorious verse, God is working in us and through us and has made plain His works through our Lord Jesus Christ so that we may know His intentions, which is to make known His wisdom before the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, through His work in our lives!!!...now isn't that an honour. So what am I doing with this knowledge?

Dear Lord Jesus, Please forgive me for I have not been faithful in working with you in Your plan for my life. I was just satisfied in a few things about Your task, knowing I am saved and thats that and that I have certain things for me to perform before I come to you, but Lord You made life more than that for me and that I am to be made a presentation or a demonstration before heavenly realms(kingdoms) of Your mighty work. Help me to see Your work in my life and to pay attention to what You are paying attention to in my life and work side by side with You as I learn and grow to be more and more like Jesus. In the Name of my Living Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ I ask.

Amen

3 comments :

Sista Cala said...

You really know how to put me to thinking about what I think I know.
Your work here is a blessing to me as I am sure it is to all who stop by.

audrey` said...

Hi Friend
How are you? =)

Anonymous said...

Ditto on what sista cala said. Your work is a blessing.