Join me, as I Discover the WAY, through the TRUTH, towards the LIFE.

Dec 18, 2006

My little tulip



A few weeks ago, me and my husband planted a tulip in a small pot. We watered it, but nothing happened for almost 4 weeks.
Later I found a weed growing in it. My husband asked me to stop watering, as we didn't want to grow a weed. I said, the tulip seed is still in the pot. He said it must have died by now. Well I said, if not anything we can atleast say we grew a weed. (We weren't successful with another plant we tried).
A few more weeks passed and you know, a tiny little green shoot has started showing.

Here I've posted a picture of the little baby tulip, still growing.
Lesson: I would have given up on watering the plant(my plant that I have been praying for, for so long),but in all this I remembered how God's love is constantly at work in our lives. The best Christmas would be when Jesus is truly born into our hearts. When our loved ones are born anew into the family of God. If you've been praying for your loved ones and you know your loved one has had an opportunity to listen to God's Word, rest assured God's seed has been planted and it will bloom one day. Today, you might see some weeds in the pot, but take heart, once the seed is there, continue to water it with your prayers and the Word of God(Ephesians 5:26) one day you will see the flower come pushing through the earth.

Galatians 6:9 "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Never give up, God did not give up on us, even while we were yet sinners, God sent His Son, that whosoever would believe in His Son Jesus, will not perish but have everlasting life.

Have a very wonderful and blessed Christmas.
Oh by the way, that weed that was growing, it died, almost around the same time, the tulip shoot came up.


4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the very timely reminder and encouragement!!!

I have been feeling a little low lately about someone in my family that I have been praying for and it seems like nothing is ever going to change in this situation. I really needed to just read this today.

By the way, I found you through the CWO Blog Ring :)

Gary Wood said...

Merry Christmas Godzheart!! Please show us a photo of the tulip when it is full grown.

Live, Love, Laugh said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours also!

Tom Scepaniak said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours! A timely post that I thank you for. Sometimes the roughest thing is knowing there's loved ones not saved. It becomes more pronounced during this season. This post picks a person up, never give up!! Never lose faith! Glory to God!!