Join me, as I Discover the WAY, through the TRUTH, towards the LIFE.

Mar 3, 2006

Seeing what I'm Believing

Here's something from my life.

Yesterday we went Movie shopping at our local movie rental store. I like watching old english movies.Now while I was looking to find something for family and fun, my husband was out looking for his own taste of movies.

Let me give you a little background here. My husband loves Jesus, but he doesn't know Jesus as His personal Saviour, for him Jesus is just another God. Now don't worry, God has promised me, I've got to do what I've got to do and He will do what He has to do, so I rest in His plans for my life and they are good.

My Lord told me 2 things
  • 1Peter 3:1,2 "Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, 2when they see the purity and reverence of your lives"
  • Jeremiah 16:21 "Therefore I will teach them— this time I will teach them my power and might. Then they will know that my name is the LORD."

My hubby likes to show me things that are wrong with the Christians-(for e.g. some christian kids or family having christian names and then using very foul language, or with the church(for e.g. every church seems to be talking about the same Jesus yet they're all at war with each other) and things like that. I used to try to answer him in all these but not any more , after God told me to keep quiet and let Him talk. So I did and God's at work.

So now at this movie shop, my husband picks up a movie which says "The Perfect Stranger" and about some lawyer trying to prove the perfect stranger she met is not Jesus and things like that. I thought to myself "Oh God-not again, this time he's really found something to tell me more about. How much more do I have to listen to these false arguments when I know you are Lord and you are God. What should I do? Should I refuse this movie---but if I do, what will he think? ". I was in a very good mind to refuse it and I showed him the March of the Penguins or something. Then I reluctantly agreed to rent that movie. Once I said "Ok lets take this" I felt a great peace in my mind and the Spirit of the Lord said "Trust me on this one- I am working" and in my heart I said "Ok Lord"

I did not insist on putting on that movie, so we put the DVD on, a day after we rented it. I was amazed at the questions the lawyer lady in the movie asks Jesus, they were exactly the same ones he had asked me all the time. So I am now Hoping and Waiting..for the outcome...my victory is on its way.

Just thought I'd let you know. God Bless and Jesus is on the throne seated at the right hand of the Father listening to every prayer of His children who're ready and willing to obey His voice.

God Bless

No comments :