Join me, as I Discover the WAY, through the TRUTH, towards the LIFE.

Mar 14, 2006

Power of the Cross


Colossians 2:13-15 "13And you who were dead in trespasses and in the uncircumcision of your flesh (your sensuality, your sinful carnal nature), [God] brought to life together with [Christ], having [freely] forgiven us all our transgressions, 14Having cancelled and blotted out and wiped away the handwriting of the note (bond) with its legal decrees and demands which was in force and stood against us (hostile to us). This [note with its regulations, decrees, and demands] He set aside and cleared [a]completely out of our way by nailing it to [His] cross. 15[God] disarmed the principalities and powers that were ranged against us and made a bold display and public example of them, in triumphing over them in Him and in it [the cross].

We were once a people who had a written note against us- saying"GUILTY". You know what happened at the cross because of that note against us? God took the notes that were against us, and nailed it to the cross-thereby tearing it and declaring, from this day (of the crucifixion) forward, my children are no longer guilty. They are free.

And to them (the principalities and powers) which were against us and wanting to destroy us. God made a public spectacle. Can you imagine? When satan came against us with our guilt tag, God took it and tore it and threw it on his face and said. "Thats my child, she believes in me, she's mine. I have paid for her, IN FULL" God made a bold display on our behalf. He did'nt do it in a secret cave. He went right up there on the mountain where all could see. Declared, "My child who believes in Me is not guilty. My judgement of my child says -Not Guilty- can anyone dare bring any allegations on them?"

Romans 8:1 says "THEREFORE, [there is] now no condemnation (no adjudging guilty of wrong) for those who are in Christ Jesus, who live [and] walk not after the dictates of the flesh, but after the dictates of the Spirit.(A)"

It fills my heart with sheer reverence and joy that God would do such a wonderful thing for me and for you who believe in Jesus. That place, where the enemy joined forces to make fun of me for my guilt, God made a spectacle of them and not of me. I can almost picture, how heaven would have made sheer joke of the enemy satan when he thought he had us, but was so totally, utterly defeated at the cross. I feel like saying hurrah for Jesus my Lord and Saviour that I enjoy this good life because you made it possible for me.

If you do not know the Living Lord who loves you so unconditionally, Romans 5:8 (Whole Chapter) says "God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Take time today to know God, He loves you more than you can ever imagine, more than you have ever been loved by anyone. Reconcile with God today.

3 comments :

Evelyn Zoe said...

Amen! The power of the cross! Thank God for the cross the Mighty Cross!!!

Karuna said...

Dear Evelyn,

Thank you so much for visiting, God Bless you in all you do.

Godzheart

Karuna said...

Dear Prayer Warrior,

Thanks for your encouragement.

God Bless.