Have you been crying? I have. Have you been hoping for a change but nothing seems to be happening? I have. Are you being pushed into the end of hope and not knowing what to do? Sometimes I am. Have you got the reassurance that all your crying has reached God? I have and I want to share it with you
God does not enjoy in the sorrow of His people. He cares. If you have been crying out to a person it may not help. You might get a response, you might not, it all depends on whether that person thinks your crying is worth his/her effort or not. In other words, they might check for your worth for them. If you are valuable to them, you're crying to them would work. If not, the crying continues. But not if you cry out to God. He cares. He is concerned about you.
God heard them cry-
- Ishmael-"God heard the boy crying, and the angel of God called to Hagar from heaven.."(Genesis 21:17) Ishmael, Abraham's slave son. God heard him. How much more he would hear you.
- Widow and Orphan-""Do not take advantage of a widow or an orphan. 23 If you do and they cry out to me, I will certainly hear their cry"(Exodus 22:22-23)
- Israelites in Egypt -"I have indeed seen the misery of my people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out .."(Exodus 3:7)
- Elijah's cry for life of the boy-"The LORD heard Elijah's cry, and the boy's life returned to him..."(1 Kings 17:22)
- There are more....you can find out who all.
Whether it be a cry of help, a cry of mercy, a cry of distress or intercession like Elijah did...God hears and answers. Oh for crying out loud!! Cry out to the one who's been waiting to listen to you.
Why we don't hear God's answer?
- Probably we're so busy crying out to others
- We're not listening-sitting quietly with the Lord in prayer and reading God's Word (The Bible)
- We're not bothered/not ready for God's answer maybe because we think God is wrong and cannot help us the way He plans out to help.
How to hear God's answers?
- When in the midst of distress, oppression, pain, suffering, sin, guilt, or anything else...get connected to God instead of disconnecting yourself. I have learnt that at times of adversity we should run to God and not away from Him or His people.
- Make sure you listen to the advise of people well connected to God not just some people. Well God will bring the right people in your life, to whom you will listen(Godly people-maybe a friend, a pastor or even someone you thought can't help) So pay attention.
- Wait on the Lord for His answers before jumping into wrong conclusions
Well these are some things I could think of. There may be more ways God can speak to you. But cry out loud to the right person..To God. He loves you. He wants to help you. Are we listening or still crying out loud that we can't hear anything at all?