Join me, as I Discover the WAY, through the TRUTH, towards the LIFE.

Sep 3, 2008

Where is the fear of the Lord?

Background:Psalms 2 Nations rising up against a Holy God, to this the Word of God responds saying "v10 Therefore, you kings, be wise; be warned, you rulers of the earth. v11 Serve the LORD with fear and rejoice with trembling." The kings and rulers of this earth may be ruling a set or group of people but they should never forget they have been appointed in their place by a Higher Authority.

Lesson
We have liberally forgotten Who God is and I don't see the fear of the Lord anywhere, not even in my life many times.

  1. A consuming fire-Deuteronomy 4:24 "For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God."
  2. Spans heaven and earth-Isaiah 66:1[ Judgment and Hope ] This is what the LORD says: "Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Where is the house you will build for me? Where will my resting place be?"
  3. Creator of heaven and earth and of me-Isaiah 29:16"You turn things upside down, as if the potter were thought to be like the clay! Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, "He did not make me"? Can the pot say of the potter, "He knows" nothing"?"

Conclusion:Just because our Lord has been patient with us, He has called us friends, that in no way diminishes the fact that He is a powerful God. It is amazing to me that He chose to show us the vulnerable side of Him, His immense love for us. No wonder we take Him for granted in all we do, because we know He is so much in love with us, that He was willing to die for our sins and take our guilt upon His head. This won't be for much long though, for when He comes in His full glory, we will not even have the guts to look at His glory. Lets honour God in the fullness of His being, with respectful fear and we will have wisdom to live our lives before Him.Proverbs 9:10"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding"

1 comment :

Shelly said...

I just found your posts this morning. Wow. I love the way you teach! And I love this about the fear of the Lord. I have been contemplating this myself a lot lately. Thank you for sharing the wisdom God has given you!