- Power to every Jew in every city-"..The king's edict granted the Jews in every city ". The power of our risen Lord thats at work within us is not only for people in close proximity to Jerusalem, remember the Jews in this chapter were not in Jerusalem, they were elsewhere. It doesn't matter where the child of God is, the power has been given to all, in every city under the king's jurisdiction. Our Lord reigns over all the universe and all creation, earth or space and we have authority through the decree anywhere we are.
- Power in assembly-"The king's edict granted the Jews...the right to assemble". The Word of God declares, Matthew 18:20"For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." No doubt the power of the Lord is in every believer but when these believers assemble there is even greater power for the Lord Himself has declared ..."I am with them" No ifs, buts or doubts but He is with us, so can you imagine the power of assembly?
- Power to Protect-"..The king's edict granted the Jews to....protect themselves". To protect, I think, is also an extention of resistance. To resist any causes of destruction. It is to resist disaster from attacking us. We have been vested with power to resist our enemy and he must flee from us.
- Power to destroy the enemy's efforts-"11 The king's edict granted the Jews in every city the right to...destroy, kill and annihilate any armed force of any nationality or province that might attack them and their women and children" To destroy means to disable, to disarm the enemy of his power and bring an end to the ability of the enemy to harm us. We have the power to bind our enemy, we have been given power over satan for he is under our feet. This plan not only covers us but all our loved ones, every one of them, whoever is connected to us in any manner...so lets make use of this full coverage plan.
- Power to plunder enemy property-"11 The king's edict granted the Jews in every city the right to...plunder the property of their enemies." This part of the verse reminds me of the verse from Matthew 11:12 "From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been forcefully advancing, and forceful men lay hold of it." Now if a kingdom has been expanding, it must be because of the acquisition of more territory. We have the power to increase our Lord's kingdom, that which the enemy has been holding up, all those lives which he has put a claim on due to sin and ignorance of the person. We have the right to reclaim lives, places, people, families for our Lord because the Word of our God declares in Deuteronomy 10:14 "To the LORD your God belong the heavens, even the highest heavens, the earth and everything in it." Lets get our Dad's stuff back.
Conclusion: We as believers and children of our Living and Loving God have not been working at our full potential, our full authority else this earth sure would have been a different place to live in. We have been given all the authority through the New Decree in our Lord Jesus Christ and we've done nothing if we compare as to how much ground we need to cover. Lets get busy for our Lord and Living King.