The Word of God says in "2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"
Every new year brings with itself a new hope and a new beginning, an end to the old. I decided to find out for myself what is required of us as new creations of the Living God and here are the lessons I found.
- Sharing the message of new life, we have received in Jesus Christ
Acts 5:20"Go, stand in the temple courts," he said, "and tell the people the full message of this new life."
- It is God's desire that we may live a new life- Romans 6:4 "We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life." We have buried our old life when we believed in our Lord Jesus' death for us and when He arose from the dead, we too have risen into a new life through Him and it is God's desire we too may live a new life.
- Serving God in our new life through the Holy Spirit-Romans 7:6 But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code. The old law required that you obey a code, with no attachment to the love of God nor knowing His grace, but Jesus sacrifice on the cross changes everything into duties of love.
- Getting rid of the old life for our Lamb of sacrifice, Lord Jesus, has already been sacrificed 1 Corinthians 5:7 Get rid of the old yeast that you may be a new batch without yeast—as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed. We no longer need any more sacrifice for ourselves, so remembering our Lord Jesus has already been sacrificed for us, even before we deserved it, encourages us to get up out of the old life of defeat from sin and take hold of the new life and live it.
- We as new creations are qualified by God through the new covenant of His body and blood, to be God's ministers 2 Corinthians 3:6 6[It is He] Who has qualified us [making us to be fit and worthy and sufficient] as ministers and dispensers of a new covenant [of salvation through Christ], not [ministers] of the letter (of legally written code) but of the Spirit; for the code [of the Law] kills, but the [Holy] Spirit makes alive.(A) Can you imagine, God certifying as people of the new covenant in the new creation. It is for us to be dispensers, dispensers don't hold in it anything for storage, but for giving out, being filled anew and giving out. Their life is of pouring out and being filled. They will never have anything stale, all fresh, all new if they work well. Thats what God would have us be...dispensers of the new covenant.
How can we do all this work as a new creation?
- Renew our attitudes-Ephesians 4:23to be made new in the attitude of your minds;
- Put on the new self of God- Ephesians 4:24and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.
- The new self, as long as put on, continues to refresh itself with our Creator-Colossians 3:10and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.
Conclusion: I was amazed to see, that God our creator made us a new creation so that we are dispensers. I wanted to know about all things new in the Word of God and most of the Word talks about our new life in our Lord Jesus. It is a glorious life. Dispensers are filled in, only when they're pouring out. Else we know they're not being used. Let us as children of the Most High God, being His new creation of the new covenant, become dispensers and share about the new life and build up the family of our Daddy in heaven.