So David was running away from his son Absalom who was trying to kill him, however the good thing is David reached where he was headed. I was amazed to know the place where David was headed, when disaster struck him," 32 ..David arrived at the summit, where people used to worship God..."(2Samuel 15:32) David was headed towards a worship ground and made it there. Its difficult to be able to reach a place of worship when you're not in a mood to worship, nothing around you seems like you can worship about, but I guess this is the key point the whole Bible resounds. Worshipping God, when life's situations are pressing in on you is a powerful thing. No wonder there are so many examples in the Bible where when God's people were tested or were in trial, they headed for worship and the most amazing thing was, none of them returned a failure from that place of worship, all of God's people who entered into worship during their troubled times were victorious, they came out stronger than they had gone in, they came out maturer from the lessons they learnt in worshipping God during their troubled, they came out more blessed. You want to see!!!
Here they are
- Strength for facing any situation in the worship place-When Abraham was supposed to take Isaac for sacrifice, here's what he said-Genesis 22:5He said to his servants, "Stay here with the donkey while I and the boy go over there. We will worship and then we will come back to you."
- Freedom from slavery of any kind is at the worship place-When the Israelites were in slavery and cried out to God, their first destination towards freedom was to go to the desert and worship God-"Exodus 3:12And God said, "I will be with you. And this will be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you will worship God on this mountain."
- Getting blessed at the worship place-When Hannah wasnt having a baby, they were at a worship place when she asked God for Samuel-" Year after year this man(Elkanah) went up from his town to worship and sacrifice to the LORD Almighty at Shiloh....Whenever Hannah went up to the house of the LORD, her rival provoked her till she wept and would not eat. " Then Hannah prayed and asked God in the house of worship.."In bitterness of soul Hannah wept much and prayed to the LORD."(1 Samuel 1) and her prayer was answered and thats how we got a powerful man of God and prophet Samuel.
- Seeking God in worship-The Ethiopian who wanted to know God had gone to a place of worship before God's person came to meet him on his way-"Acts 8:27So he started out, and on his way he met an Ethiopian eunuch, an important official in charge of all the treasury of Candace, queen of the Ethiopians. This man had gone to Jerusalem to worship"
- Getting directions through worship-Jesus disciples got answer for further direction when they were in worship-Acts 13:2While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, "Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them."
So let us worship...Philippians 4:6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Its not that these people were going through an easy time when they were headed for worship, but let our requests be made known to God,"WITH THANKSGIVING"
Let us head for worship and receive the power that God has kept for us.