Join me, as I Discover the WAY, through the TRUTH, towards the LIFE.

Mar 27, 2006

We may not see everything- but God's still working

As I read the book of 1 Samuel, I was amazed, how God was working in two different places at the same time. Preparing people to meet each other at a later time. We read how God worked in the life of Ruth and worked everything beautifully for her family. David is Ruth’s grandson. In the meanwhile at Ramah, a little far away from Jerusalem where Ruth was, we see God working in the life of Hannah.Hannah is the mother of Samuel. Now as I continue to read I find that after a few years, their children meet. Yes, Samuel anoints David to be king of the Israelites in the book of 1 Samuel 16. Did Ruth know when she met Boaz, that she would be an important woman in our Lord Jesus' life. NO. Did Hannah know what would become of Samuel, more than a mere priest, but an attested prophet of God? No. They just obeyed as God guided them. We have so much to learn from this big picture.

We may not know, but God has already planned the What next? Where next? Then whats? Etc for us. Hannah was faithful in crying out to God, knowing only God could deliver her from the tauntings of Peninnah and thats all she knew at this time. Ruth knew too well that only Boaz could help her out of her situation and thats all she knew. As God revealed it to them, they followed their courses.


Lessons I learnt

  1. I may not always know, what my next assignment will be.
  2. I don't know about tomorrow what it will bring, but I don't worry, there is no point in worrying.(Matthew 6:25)
  3. I know whom I have trusted my life and I trust He will complete His plan for my life(2 Timothy 1:12)
  4. Above all, God is in control of the lives, that have been surrendered to Him. He will never let them down.

The word of God says. "Them that believe in Him will never be put to shame" So take heart, continue walking in God's ways, He is still at work, bringing everything together for the good of those who love Him and desire to follow Him.


Conclusion: Romans 8:28 (Whole Chapter) [ More Than Conquerors ] And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, [ Some manuscripts And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God] who [ Or works together with those who love him to bring about what is good—with those who] have been called according to his purpose.

No comments :