Join me, as I Discover the WAY, through the TRUTH, towards the LIFE.

Feb 13, 2006

Learning Obedience can be Trying


I am just trying to learn the amount of time it took for the Israelites to realise that God can take care of "everything" in their life.

On the very first day they had problem believing that God could rescue them from the pharoah's army. Then on the 3rd day they had difficulty trusting God for water.Into the 15th day of their journey from Egypt, now they face an issue with food to eat and they grumble-God gave them Manna from heaven Exodus 16 mentions that account in detail. Grumbling for water-Exodus 17:3 God provided water from the rock (Exodus 17:5-6) .

Well, I see that the Israelites travelling from Egypt into their promised land were facing "issues" much like us believers who are travelling towards our promised land (heaven).
When I look at my life in comparison to the Israelites I find that I've done some of the grumbling myself...yeah I grumbled/upset when I got into trouble, or was in a difficult situation..however somehow God alwasy showed me that He could be trusted with every aspect of my life....my worries are not over, but I don't worry any more because over the years(11yrs with Jesus) I have now realised a few basic things which always work

  • I cannot change anything about my future by worrying about it (Matthew 6:30-35)
  • Worrying causes Relacore,a stubborn belly fat..I dont want that ...
  • 3 times Jesus said "What is impossible with man is possible with God" well so if there is something impossible for me, when surrendered to God, He will make it possible.
  • Above all the best lesson learnt from problems in life is mentioned in James1:2-4 says "Consider it wholly joyful, my brethren, whenever you are enveloped in or encounter trials of any sort or fall into various temptations. Be assured and understand that the trial and proving of your faith bring out endurance and steadfastness and patienceBut let endurance and steadfastness and patience have full play and do a thorough work, so that you may be [people] perfectly and fully developed [with no defects], lacking in nothing.".

    So no matter where I am, what I am facing, I am learning to understand- that God works inside out...yeah the work God does, through the outside actually changes me on the inside and makes me a better person- a person who is blessed and is a blessing to all around them.

4 comments :

Godwyn Lim said...

Dear Sister,

I had linked up my blog to yours, Sorry do you mine me doing so?

Can you please forward your email addie so that I can add you in my mailing list when I update my 'blog'

My addie is godwyn.lim@gmail.com

God Bless!

Karuna said...

Dear Godwyn,

Thats fine with me.

God Bless.

Godwyn Lim said...

Hey, Sister,

I haven't been actively blogging or surfing for the past few weeks as well, was busy & just fell really sick...I am down with gastric flu & ulcers in the throat that boils me down with fever & pain...

Yet, I know I am healed in Jesus name, not trying to be...manage to wrote a new entry just on my blog after a long fiasco...pray for me the Devil is trying to deceive me with the pain...

Thank you for your concern, really appreciate your thoughts!

May the Lord keep you & bless you!

Godwyn Lim said...

Happy New Year Sister Godzheart! May this New Year bring you wholeness, healing & prosperity to you & your family!

God Bless:-)